Hexagonal Bitumen Felt Shingles
For a cost effective way of creating a beautiful effect that resembles a honeycomb pattern on your roof, browse JJ Roofing’s selection of hexagonal felt shingles below. We offer a variety of different colours that will be suitable for a wide range of projects and properties.
The hexagonal felt shingles that JJ Roofing stocks are manufactured only by well-known brands such as Maple Leaf and Icopal. These shingles will ensure a very simple installation process that is nearly identical to if you were using square felt shingles. However, the appearance is very different once they have been installed.
When you buy high quality hexagonal profile felt shingles from JJ Roofing, you can sit back and relax knowing that they will efficiently protect what’s under your roof from the elements. While these shingles are an especially popular choice for outdoor properties such as greenhouses, beach huts, gazebos and sheds, they can easily be used for residential and commercial properties as well including brand new builds and refurbishment projects.
They can also be used as vertical cladding and are guaranteed to possess excellent waterproofing properties. High quality brands like the ones we’re offering at JJ Roofing should you give you peace of mind because you’ll know this roofing solution will last for a long time regardless of whether you’re working on a temporary, permanent, commercial, domestic or recreational property.
You can follow this useful guide we’ve outlined below. You’ll see that the installation process is very simple and doesn’t require any sophisticated tools or expert knowledge:
- Step One – Prepare the roof decking onto which you’ll be fixing the hexagonal profile shingles. Always ensure that the roof decking of the structure is clean, dry and stable before commencing with any work
- Step Two – Fix a suitable felt underlay underneath the final top covering. This process is not mandatory but is recommended for added protection
- Step Three – Make and fix the shingles strips for sloping verges. Always apply these pieces first by folding them over the roof edge
- Step Four – Position the eaves strips, then roll them over the roof edge and nail them into position
- Step Five – Align the first shingle course by setting out the position using a chalk line or a straight edge
- Step Six – Position and fix the first shingle course into place. Once satisfied, repeat this for all courses that are odd numbered
- Step Seven – Position and fix the higher courses to create a staggered effect. You can use roofing adhesive during this process if required
- Step Eight – Cut the roofing shingles to create ridge shingles
- Step Nine – Align the ridge shingles by using a chalk line or a straight edge to ensure flawless positioning
- Step Ten – Now position and fix the ridge shingles into place
- Step Eleven – Seal the lap joints in the ridge shingles
- Step Twelve – Continue fixing the ridge shingles to achieve equal exposure on both sides. Seal the lap and nail fix both sides into place
Step Thirteen – Enjoy your beautiful new roof that will last for years to come
Incl. Tax £25.14